The New Consumer has Arrived
In an era of mobile advertising and discount shopping, retailers need to find new ways to reach their customers. New ways to create meaningful customer experiences. With new technologies coming and fading, for many retailers ‘going back to basics’ takes on a whole new meaning. Online advertising is expensive and the ROI has diminished in recent times.
As consumers have fundamentally changed how they shop and how they buy, retailers need to rethink how they use their existing hardware and software to augment their paths to purchase. This can be achieved also at the POS and with existing technologies. For local retailers, it’s not all about customer data, but also about providing memorable experiences that foster a deep human connection.
Nothing quite beats the charm of customer service and little personal touches on purchases and the intimacy of shopping at a local store or a favorite small business. So what then are the high-value potential channels that many retailers are neglecting? It turns out it’s offline and in-store marketing opportunities.
What if there was a simple way to drive customers important messages that they nearly always see? Email marketing open rates are declining, so retailers need to think about an easier way.
Consumers want to be recognized, and they want non-invasive messages that resonate with them. According to the 2017 DMA factbook, consumers with personalized experiences spend more and become repeat customers:
- Product-specific feedback requests in an appropriate post-purchase timeframe (not too soon, but don’t wait too long either)
Event Reminders and Seasonal Campaigns
- Invitations to special events at nearby locations
New Products Launch
- New product releases in areas of interest
What if there was an offline tool at the POS itself that could deliver salient messages? Now there is.
What is PromoPRNT?
PromoPRNT is an in-store advertising tool that allows retailers, small businesses and any business with a physical location to leverage the full power of receipts.
Any POS with a Star Micronics printer can be using PromoPRNT to drive customer experience, build loyalty and engage its shoppers.
While retailers try to implement personalization and drive traffic online, this is a bit expensive for your local retailer or independent retail store. They need tools that humanize their brand, that are low-cost but yield long-term benefits.
Benefits of Using PromoPRNT
Customer-centric receipt messaging at the store or physical location can augment a retailer’s business in many ways:
Convert Offline to Online Traffic
- Convert offline eyeballs to online website and social traffic
Drive Seasonal Deals and Advertise In-Store Events
- Seamlessly increase “buzz” about seasonal campaigns and promote in-store discount events
Communicate Important Updates to All Customers
- Communicate general purpose messages that have a wide reach and a nearly 100% “read-rate”
Conduct Retailtainment Campaigns that Charm Shoppers
- Use wit, humor, and charm to create a memorable point-of-purchase experience that has long-term customer loyalty benefits.
Improve Authenticity of Brand Impressions that Build Trust
- Create authentic moments for shoppers that will get them to return to your location.
Drive Repeat Sales
- Drive repeat sales with loyalty program messages, discounts, coupons and time-limited offers.
Want to be among the hundreds of retailers and small businesses trying out PromoPRNT? It’s free and easy to get started.