Grab your sweater and pumpkin spice latte, because fall is in the air! Consumers love fall-related products and events, and who can blame them? The season’s crisp, sunny days are perfect for fall festivals, apple picking, and munching (and sipping) away on cozy treats.
But just how popular is fall? Hint: VERY, and whether you own a small business or resell point of sale solutions to small businesses, you should absolutely pay attention to the season's trends. Below is some information to demonstrate just how prevalent fall-related items and events are (even before fall even begins):
- In 2017, pumpkin-flavored product sales represented approximately $286 million in the United States alone.
- Furthermore, there is a Facebook group dedicated to the return of the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte – with over 34,000 members!
- Seasonal beers – including pumpkin beer – represents about 16% of total craft beer sales.
- According to Ted Roumanis from brand development and qualitative market research firm Positive, fall marketing can start well before fall: “Yes, we're in the middle of summer, but there hasn't really been anything to talk about from a seasonal marketing perspective since July 4th and Memorial Day."
- And one popular junk food-focused Instagram influencer says, "It feels like fall seasonal products appear earlier and earlier each year because there is no official start date to the season. With winter seasonal products, for example, there is a hard start date the day after Halloween. While fall officially starts in late September, there is a large gap between when summer seasonal products debut (around May) and the official start of fall, so companies fill that gap by offering fall products earlier."
Get Started with Fall Marketing
So now you know how much your customers crave all things fall, how can you start marketing in that space? Lucky for you, it’s incredibly easy!
Whether you’re featuring a special fall sale, pumpkin-related anything, or a fun-packed autumnal event, you can promote all of it – for free – using a Star receipt printer! With PromoPRNT, you can build custom promotions from templates that are featured right on the bottom of receipts, where shoppers are sure to see them.
To get you started with your fall marketing, we have created the below templates that are now available for customization in PromoPRNT:
Looking for some more fall inspiration for your PromoPRNT designs? Here are some additional fall marketing ideas from Square:
- Launch an Instagram photo contest
- Hold a special sale where shoppers receive a discount when bringing in canned and other non-perishable food items to donate to a food pantry
- Attend a fall festival as a vendor
- Celebrate new holidays (in addition to Pumpkin Spice Appreciation Day featured above), like “Sweater Weather Saturday”