Welcome to the Star Software Update, the regular series of blog updates where Star’s Integration Team informs you about the latest important Star Micronics software updates.
Star Micronics has added multiple SDKs to GitHub, which are now available for download and use. Each SDK is meant for changing the SteadyLAN® setting on the mC-Printer.
SteadyLAN is a patent-pending technology available on certain mC-Print Series printers. It provides wired Ethernet service to iOS, Android, and Windows devices connected to a networked printer via the Lightning or USB-C® cable.
The SDKs were officially added to GitHub by the Star Micronics integration team on December 20 and 21, 2020.
What is Included in the Update?
Four SDKs were added to GitHub, including:
- “StarIO-Device-Setting-SDK-UWP” in C#
- “StarIO-Device-Setting-SDK-Windows-Desktop” in C#
- “StarIO-Device-Setting-SDK-Android-Kotlin” in Kotlin
- “StarIO-Device-Setting-SDK-iOS-Swift” in Swift
Visit Star Micronics on GitHub to get started with these new SDKs, as well as several other Star SDKs for our printers and cash drawers.
Learn More About SteadyLAN
Say goodbye to unstable Wi-Fi signals with SteadyLAN! Available on the Star Micronics mC-Print 2 and mC-Print3, SteadyLAN™ provides:
- Direct data transfer between iOS, Android, and Windows devices and the printer via Apple Lightning or USB-C® cable
- Direct Ethernet connectivity to devices from the wired Ethernet port of the printer
- Device charging via Apple Lightning cable or USB-C® cable
- Peripheral control (scanner, display) via printer USB host ports
Learn more in the below video:
Questions or Concerns?
Guillermo Cubero is the Product Integration Specialist at Star Micronics. He is responsible for helping Star’s Software Partners develop the next generation of solutions for the POS industry. Guillermo has been with Star for seven years and supports all of Star’s development tools, SDKs, drivers, and Star Micronics Cloud.