NRF is a wonderful show for multiple reasons – it’s where over 40,000 retail industry professionals gather to share ideas, build partnerships, and experience the year’s latest technology. Speaking of partnerships, one of Star’s favorite reasons for being at Retail’s Big Show is the dedicated time we give to catching up with our many retail software partners.
In today’s blog post, discover what one of Star’s valued software partners, Springboard Retail, is up to this year. Learn more about our partnership in the below video interview filmed at NRF 2020 and stay tuned for even more partnership interviews in our upcoming Star Spotlight NRF 2020 Edition blog posts.
What Does Springboard Retail Do?
“It all began out of necessity. Gordon Russell’s Boston-based chain of specialty retail stores had a problem. He needed a POS system that would be comprehensive enough to manage his current business, while also driving future growth. Gordon tried plenty of available retail point of sale systems, but none of them provided the intuitive yet flexible structure his retail teams needed to succeed.
So, Gordon and co-founder, Jay Stotz, put their heads together. They focused on developing a modern, cloud-based POS system designed to support a growing multi-channel, multi-site retail enterprise with features that brought clarity and resilience for the future. Reporting was key. With a multitude of data points, they ensured that their point of sale was able to combine relevant data in any way the retailer envisions and that the software was responsive, agile and easy-to-use. In fact, the results of their efforts were so successful that the team had to share it with other retailers. Springboard Retail was born.
Since our official launch in November, 2013, Springboard Retail has helped our customers grow across their locations and channels—processing over $2B of retail sales at over 1,000 sites across North America. The team continues to focus on providing exceptional value to our customers. We take our customer’s success personally because we’ve walked in your shoes and understand that even the smallest detail, is critical.”
What are Some of Springboard Retail’s Key Products?
Springboard Retail’s software is multi-faceted and chock full of features and benefits for today’s modern retailer:
- Point of Sale: Cloud-based and user-friendly, Springboard Retail’s POS is highly scalable and includes features like quick order lookup, easy customer creation, split payments, simple returns, sales rep tracking, and more.
- Order Management: Springboard Retail’s order management makes it easy to access inventory in real-time and place orders across multiple store locations, online, and in the warehouse. The order management also includes fulfillment alerts and easy order splitting to multiple fulfillment points.
- Inventory Management: Your inventory is key. With features like partial and full inventory counts, transfer management, custom reasons codes for adjustments, and more, Springboard Retail’s inventory management keeps retailers running smoothly.
- Customer Management: CRM and POS don’t have to be separate. Springboard Retail’s included CRM features a QuickView customer dashboard, unlimited custom fields, custom reports for segment marketing, and integrations with top loyalty/marketing providers.
- Purchasing and Receiving: Retail buying is made easy with Springboard Retail’s ability to create barcode labels directly from a PO, easily process returns to vendors, smoothly enter size runs with an item grid feature, and more.
- Metrics and Reporting: Data is imperative! Enjoy real-time data, custom field and reports, user-based permissions, CSV/PDF/URL sharing and exporting, and data comparison with Springboard Retail.
- Traffic and Conversions: Gone are the days of manually tracking retail traffic. With Springboard Retail’s POS, track foot traffic electronically, review real-time traffic data, and more – even if you have multiple stores.
What Sets Springboard Retail Apart?
Springboard Retail focuses specifically on larger-footprint specialty retailers, with two to 200 store locations. Additionally, Springboard Retail is a browser-based system and cross-platform, meaning it has customers that use Mac, PC, and iPad POS, and is able to deliver a consistent, streamlined experience to all of those customers with its POS products.
What Star Products Does Springboard Retail Integrate?
High-speed printing (250mm/s)
Easy setup across all models
Lightning connection for simultaneous charging and data transfer
Compatible with Star Micronics Cloud Services
2-inch portable printer with compact, lightweight design
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR / USB 2.0 full speed
Barcode/graphics printing supported
Magnetic stripe reader
3-inch ultra rugged mobile printer
Apple MFi certified
Long battery life
3DES encryption and optional magnetic stripe reader
Black mark label support
Double resolution mode to increase graphic sharpness
Bluetooth, CloudPRNT, WebPRNT, Serial, Parallel, USB, LAN
Stay tuned for our upcoming NRF 2020 Star Spotlights, coming soon. In the meantime, learn more about how Star and our partners have teamed up to provide solutions by browsing our Success Stories.
Heidi Orpilla is the Digital Content Specialist at Star Micronics where she creates and manages content for Star’s blog, social media, website, products, and more. Heidi has a passion for writing and has worked in the B2B marketing space for over five years. Prior to working at Star, Heidi worked at a large reseller for six years.